This comprehensive reference explains everything you need to know about taking off and pricing detailed, unit price construction estimates. The book takes you through every step of the estimating process — from receipt of the plans, to detailed quantity takeoffs and pricing, to bidding strategies, and finally, cost control. Also includes electronic estimating forms you can access to download and customize from the book’s own website.
Organized for quick reference, the book features:
- Estimating guidance for every segment of construction by CSI MasterFormat division — the most recognized industry standard for organizing construction projects and costs
- Checklists and forms to streamline the estimating process
- What to watch out for — common errors and omissions
- How to calculate and apply direct and indirect costs, including overhead and profit
- A complete, fully updated sample cost estimate
- An appendix with labor hours for common construction operations